Hive #1 (Sally)
Went through the frames again, did not find the queen, but I did see about 6 empty queen cells. An I did see a few larva, looks like they have a queen again. I had to move around the frames in the top deep, they are filling the brood comb with honey which can cause them space problems. If they do not have space for brood, they can swarm. But since they have not filled out the 3 east facing frames in the 2nd deep, I moved those to them middle for them to use for brood. They also ate all the pollen patty I put in there for them last time. I need to get out this week and out on another one.
Here's a picture of an empty queen cell, sorry it's rather blurry, but it's hard to take a picture using a cell phone camera, wearing gloves, holding a frame crawling with bees, and with bees in your face..
Hive #2 (Susan)
Did a quick look on top, the bees are busy, quite a few. Did not want to disturb them, so I added a 2nd deep for them and also swapped out the sugar bag in the experimental hive top feeder Fuzzy created.
I also helped Fuzzy take 3 honey supers off one of his hives so he can collect the honey. They each weigh about 35 lbs when full. The bees were so mellow, they did not want to leave the supers. He tried using an almost scented repeller, but that did not work to well. But he decided to let them get out on their own (through a 1 way bee escape). He was thinking about using the leaf blower, but did not want to do that.