2014 (1) allergies (7) apples (1) axe (1) bacon (1) battery bank (3) beer (16) bees (122) berries (3) biltong (1) BioDiesel (1) black soldier flies. (1) blueberries (7) book review (14) bread (2) brewing (36) bush knife (1) canning (10) cats (1) cellar (1) chainsaw (1) cheese (9) chickens (23) cider (3) cider review (11) cleaning products (1) cooking (2) coop (3) creek (1) cyder (13) cyser (12) deck (3) dehydrator (4) diary_toledo (26) diy (48) farm (2) fire (1) firewood (1) flood (2) fodder (6) food (13) food review (5) gardening (14) gluten (6) goats (1) goji (1) greenhouse (2) hive check (5) homestead (1) homesteading (10) honey (7) jam (7) kids (1) kittens (1) land clearing (3) lessons (1) mead (1) MH hive (35) move (2) mower (1) muntons (2) mushrooms (2) paleo (1) pork (1) power (3) prepping (1) projects (3) pumphouse (3) queen (2) re-queen (1) review (1) rootbeer (2) septic (2) sharpening (1) shaving (1) shed (17) SJ hive (24) skills (3) soap (2) starter (2) steven harris (1) storm (1) swarm (7) tip (2) to-do (1) todo (1) toledo (3) top bar hives (2) toyon hive (9) trees (2) vanilla extract (1) washington (3) wasps (1) water (3) wax moths (1) well (1) wilderwolf (1) wine (15) winter 2015 (1) winter 2016 (1) wood (1) worms (2) yogurt (2)

2009/06/15

Strawberry wine

The kids and I went strawberry/olallieberry picking Saturday. Part of the strawberries went into my first batch of strawberry wine. Went well, until this AM. I woke up, wandered into the kitchen to discover strawberry must all over the counter, some on the floor, and some on the ceiling.. The strawberry must had foamed and plugged the airlock so it eventually built up pressure to blow the cap off of the airlock. Not to bad of a mess, but a good lesson to learn, usually I put new brews in the living room (on carpet) to ferment.

No comments: