2014 (1) allergies (7) apples (1) axe (1) bacon (1) battery bank (3) beer (19) bees (122) berries (3) biltong (1) BioDiesel (1) black soldier flies. (1) blueberries (7) book review (14) bread (2) brewing (38) bush knife (1) canning (10) cats (1) cellar (1) chainsaw (1) cheese (9) chickens (26) cider (3) cider review (11) cleaning products (1) cooking (2) coop (3) creek (1) cyder (13) cyser (12) deck (3) dehydrator (4) diary_toledo (28) diy (48) farm (2) fire (1) firewood (1) flood (2) fodder (6) food (13) food review (5) gardening (14) gluten (6) goats (1) goji (1) greenhouse (2) hive check (5) homestead (1) homesteading (10) honey (7) jam (7) kids (1) kittens (1) land clearing (3) lessons (1) mead (1) MH hive (35) move (2) mower (1) muntons (2) mushrooms (2) paleo (1) pork (1) power (3) prepping (1) projects (3) pumphouse (3) queen (2) re-queen (1) review (1) rootbeer (2) septic (2) sharpening (1) shaving (1) shed (17) SJ hive (24) skills (3) soap (2) starter (2) steven harris (1) storm (1) swarm (7) tip (2) to-do (1) todo (1) toledo (3) top bar hives (2) toyon hive (9) trees (2) vanilla extract (1) washington (3) wasps (1) water (3) wax moths (1) well (1) wilderwolf (1) wine (15) winter 2015 (1) winter 2016 (1) wood (1) worms (2) yogurt (2)

2009/06/23

Hive status

Checked on the hive, frames 3-7 in the 2nd deep are nearly drawn and already have uncapped honey in them! Talk about fast. Guess they needed the space. I purchased a medium super from Frank (http://carriersbees.com/) to put on next weekend. Time to start getting some honey for myself.
I'll have to move what is left of the pollen patty up to the top. The bees have eaten about 20% of the pollen patty, but I made it to thick and it's sticking to the top of the inner cover. So part of it is in the top of the frames and the other part stuck to the inner cover... Hopefully no bees were entombed in it when I put the cover back down.

No comments: