Well, L caught the hive swarming so I went out and caught it, 4 times... It was about 15' up an apple tree, so I had to stand on the top of 6' the ladder to get to it. I was trying to put them into a waxed cardboard nuk.
And the swarm went back to the tree.
So I got a bucket, shook the bees into the bucket and put them into the nuk.
And they went back to the tree.
So I tried again, climbing to the very top to try to pull the =m down.
And they went back.
So I got L to hold the ladder while I sawed off the branch they were on and then shook them into a medium hive body/bottom with the sugar feeder on top. That worked. They stayed in the medium.
I'll leave them there for a week then move the hive to the hive compound.
I added a medium last weekend, moved a few frames to the new box, I looked for queen cells, but did not see any in the lower boxes. Guess I should have pulled all the frames out. I should have split it then. oh well. At least I caught them.