2014 (1) allergies (7) apples (1) axe (1) bacon (1) battery bank (3) beer (19) bees (122) berries (3) biltong (1) BioDiesel (1) black soldier flies. (1) blueberries (7) book review (14) bread (2) brewing (38) bush knife (1) canning (10) cats (1) cellar (1) chainsaw (1) cheese (9) chickens (26) cider (3) cider review (11) cleaning products (1) cooking (2) coop (3) creek (1) cyder (13) cyser (12) deck (3) dehydrator (4) diary_toledo (28) diy (48) farm (2) fire (1) firewood (1) flood (2) fodder (6) food (13) food review (5) gardening (14) gluten (6) goats (1) goji (1) greenhouse (2) hive check (5) homestead (1) homesteading (10) honey (7) jam (7) kids (1) kittens (1) land clearing (3) lessons (1) mead (1) MH hive (35) move (2) mower (1) muntons (2) mushrooms (2) paleo (1) pork (1) power (3) prepping (1) projects (3) pumphouse (3) queen (2) re-queen (1) review (1) rootbeer (2) septic (2) sharpening (1) shaving (1) shed (17) SJ hive (24) skills (3) soap (2) starter (2) steven harris (1) storm (1) swarm (7) tip (2) to-do (1) todo (1) toledo (3) top bar hives (2) toyon hive (9) trees (2) vanilla extract (1) washington (3) wasps (1) water (3) wax moths (1) well (1) wilderwolf (1) wine (15) winter 2015 (1) winter 2016 (1) wood (1) worms (2) yogurt (2)

2011/07/11

Dehydrating berries

On the way back from taking the dog to the local 5-acre dog park, we stopped and picked some late season strawberries and early season raspberries. Both are so yummy! I decided to dehydrate a test batch. The strawberries came out really weird looking (but still taste good) and the raspeberries came out good. I'm looking forward to move berry picking since I want to make more jam/jelly and do some berry cyders.

No comments: