Fuzzy/I removed the 2 supers that were temporarily put on Fuzzys hive (next to mine that was robbed out). One super is full of capped honey, the other has only about 5% capped. I'll be extracting these shortly. Fuzzy/I used a leaf blower to get the bees out of the supers, worked quite well and the bees were not upset about it
I talked with Fuzzy about the wax moths and he suggested using BT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_of_the_honey_bee#Wax_moths). I purchased 2 oz of BT from him and followed directions to make it up and spray the extracted brood frames (only). Shall see how that works. I also think I saw a small hive beetle in the frames so I am going to cycle the frames thru the freezer to kill anything left alive.
Hiring still in progress! 😍
1 day ago