2014 (1) allergies (7) apples (1) axe (1) bacon (1) battery bank (3) beer (19) bees (122) berries (3) biltong (1) BioDiesel (1) black soldier flies. (1) blueberries (7) book review (14) bread (2) brewing (38) bush knife (1) canning (10) cats (1) cellar (1) chainsaw (1) cheese (9) chickens (26) cider (3) cider review (11) cleaning products (1) cooking (2) coop (3) creek (1) cyder (13) cyser (12) deck (3) dehydrator (4) diary_toledo (28) diy (48) farm (2) fire (1) firewood (1) flood (2) fodder (6) food (13) food review (5) gardening (14) gluten (6) goats (1) goji (1) greenhouse (2) hive check (5) homestead (1) homesteading (10) honey (7) jam (7) kids (1) kittens (1) land clearing (3) lessons (1) mead (1) MH hive (35) move (2) mower (1) muntons (2) mushrooms (2) paleo (1) pork (1) power (3) prepping (1) projects (3) pumphouse (3) queen (2) re-queen (1) review (1) rootbeer (2) septic (2) sharpening (1) shaving (1) shed (17) SJ hive (24) skills (3) soap (2) starter (2) steven harris (1) storm (1) swarm (7) tip (2) to-do (1) todo (1) toledo (3) top bar hives (2) toyon hive (9) trees (2) vanilla extract (1) washington (3) wasps (1) water (3) wax moths (1) well (1) wilderwolf (1) wine (15) winter 2015 (1) winter 2016 (1) wood (1) worms (2) yogurt (2)

2010/07/19

Hive checks

Checked Toyon on Friday, looking good. The super that was put on as the 2nd deep is partially drawn with nectar. No brood in this 'top super body' . But I did see brood in the bottom deep. So I've ordered a deep and I'll swap the deep in with 6 drawn frames and an excluder.

Checked MH and removed 8 frames from the top super. Then I moved the now mostly empty super below the partially drawn lower super. Maybe the bees will finish the 2 outside partially drawn frames of the ex-top super.

No comments: